Ten Irish women on Europe’s Top 100 Women in Social Enterprise
Updated: Mar 12, 2021
Happy International Women’s Day!! It's wonderful to see so many amazing events and initiatives happening all over Ireland today and this week.
Today, Euclid Network (EN) has announced its “Europe’s Top 100 Women in Social Enterprise” List featuring women changemakers who are leading the way in social entrepreneurship and innovation. We are thrilled to see 10 Irish social enterprise leaders, including two members of the SERI management team, Tammy Darcy, CEO of SERI, and Founder and CEO of The Shona Project and Karen Leigh, Board Member of SERI and Founder and CEO of Sensational Kids.
The ten Irish female leaders included on Europe’s Top 100 Women in Social Enterprise are as follows,
· Tammy Darcy: Founder and CEO of The Shona Project/ CEO of SERI (Social Enterprise Republic of Ireland)
· Karen Leigh: Founder and CEO of Sensational Kids and Board Member of SERI
· Tracey Keogh: Co-Founder of Grow Remote
· Furkan Karayel: Inclusive Leadership Advisor and CEO of Diversein.com
· Marie Martin: Chief Executive of Employers for Childcare
· Caroline Casey: Founder of The Valuable 500
· Jeanne McDonagh: CEO of The Open Doors Initiative
· Jeroo Billimoria: Chief Facilitator of Catalyst 2030 & Founder of One Family Foundation
· Caitriona Watters-Crehan CEO & Founder of Prepare Me
· Tracy O’Rourke CEO & Founder of Vivid Edge
All 100 women were selected from across Europe for demonstrating outstanding leadership skills and commitment by going above and beyond their role as well as inspiring others to reach their potential. These women have been developing and successfully implementing large-scale projects aimed at improving sector-practices and achieving SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals). Their innovative approaches are adaptable and sustainable and therefore, have the potential to continue creating positive impact into the future.
SERI CEO, Tammy Darcy said “The social enterprise sector in Ireland is full of amazing women doing amazing work, showing inspiring leadership, resilience and innovation. It is great to see so many Irish women represented on Europe’s Top 100 Women in Social Enterprise and I’m honoured to be listed amongst them.
Karen Leigh, Board Member of SERI added, “I’m delighted to be included on the EN Top 100 Women in Social Enterprise List. It is fantastic for Ireland to be represented with a total of ten female social entrepreneurs. I set up Sensational Kids in 2007 to help children with additional needs to access the therapy supports they need when they need them. Seeing these children reach their full potential is what motivates me. We now have four child development centres located across Ireland and have help over 8,500 children to date.